WHAT IS DIVORCE MEDIATION
Divorce Mediation provides dispute resolution via a neutral third-party mediator. The mediator will help the divorcing couple reach a fair and equitable settlement.
- Client-driven, not court-driven and will allow both you and your spouse to make your own decisions on what is best for you and your future.
- An amicable negotiation process in which spouses are assisted in their communication styles to reach a resolution.
- A non-adversarial approach to reach financial and custody decisions. Easing the emotional distress frequently associated with divorce.
- Cost effective; the total cost of mediation is significantly less than the cost of litigation with attorneys.
Private and confidential; your personal details are kept private and confidential, not made public in court.
- Time effective; how long the process will take is completely controlled by you.
Fair and equitable because the terms are determined and reached by you and your spouse.
WHAT TO EXPECT FROM YOUR MEDIATOR
A mediator is a neutral professional who will help you and your spouse conduct and negotiate your disputes to resolution in a fair and unbiased manner.
Your Mediator will:
- Listen to the wants, needs, and goals of both spouses.
- Not give advice
- Assist spouses, together in formulating ideas that can lead to long-standing agreements
ARE YOU A CANDIDATE FOR DIVORCE MEDIATION?
Candidates are considered good fits for divorce mediation when both spouses are:
- Willing to actively participate in mediation
- Willing to attend mediation voluntarily
- Capable of making their own decisions
WHAT TO EXPECT FROM THE PROCESS
Divorce Mediation will allow you and your spouse to reach a resolution on the points required by the court to obtain a divorce. These points include, but are not limited to:
- Custody and Parenting Time
- Equitable Distribution of Property (Assets & Liabilities)
- Child Support
- Spousal Support
You can also expect:
Weekly, hourly sessions with your mediator.
A Memorandum of Understanding will be drafted at the end of your process which is required of you to bring to court to obtain a divorce.
Please contact Client Care, to schedule your first mediation appointment at 630.718.0717 ext 214