Finding Your Inner Beauty
Fox Valley Institute had the pleasure of participating in the Power Event recently hosted at Crone Middle School. This was an amazing event designed to empower young girls! Fox Valley Institute had the opportunity to help young girls, along side their moms, understand how to define and cultivate their inner beauty.
Inner Beauty is a person’s character versus their outer appearance. Inner beauty can be cultivated in three different ways:
- Through your relationship with yourself
- Practice positive self talk! Try to catch yourself when you start to become negative or critical. Replace the negative thoughts with positive ones.
- “I am a good person” “I am a helpful friend” “I have a kind heart”
- It is also important to surround yourself with people who support positive self talk.
- Through your relationship with others
- A compliment can go a long way. Do not miss an opportunity to point out the strengths of others. Not only will they feel good but you will feel good as well.
- Be willing to lend a helping hand.
- Express compassion towards others.
- And through your relationship to the world
- Set goals and go after them!
- Do not be afraid to try new things!
- Determine your strengths and let them shine
- *The above information was a joint contribution from Dr. Chris McGrath and Melissa Pasquinelli, both therapists at Fox Valley Institute.
The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure she carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman is seen in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. True beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It’s the caring that she lovingly gives, the passion that she shows and the beauty of a woman only grows with passing years.