Super Social Skills for Tweens!
Super Social Skills for Tweens is a fun group designed specifically for elementary children in grades 5th through 8th who do not require a 1:1 classroom aid. Creating meaningful friendships is an important part of social and emotional child development. When relationships suffer, chidlren often feel alone and disconnected. In this group, your child will learn how to make friends, initiate and maintain conversations, listen, problem-solve, and how to deal with distressing emotions. Super Social Skills for Tweens is ideal for tweens who deal with anxiety, extreme shyness, ADD/ADHD, PDD/NOS and Asperger’s Disorder.
45.00 per session (Insurance Accepted: BCBS, Humana, Aetna)
Spring Session- April 5th-May 10th; Days and times wil vary based on enrollment
Fox Valley Institute
640 N. River Road, Suite 108
Naperville IL, 60563
Please email email@example.com or call 630.718.0717 ext. 0 to enroll
- Build friendships within the group that will last
- Develop positive coping skills to deal with anger, frustration, disappointment, and change
- Strengthen interpretation and learn use of non-verbal communication
- Understand how to tolerate boredom and how to stay connected to peers with different interests
- Use existing social strengths to their advantage and break through barriers to social success
About the Group Leader, Jennifer Curtin, MS, LPC
Jennifer Curtin specializes in working with children and families that are dealing with developmental disabilities, behavioral problems, anxiety, stress, and other mental health concerns. She is an experienced group leader who has the innate ability to connect with cildren on their level. Jennifer received her Master’s in Clinical Psychology from Benedictine University.