Psychiatry Services Now Available at FVI!
Fox Valley Institute is very excited to offer an innovative new service for all of our psychiatry appointments.
Telepsychiatry provides easy access in a timely manner with licensed child and adult psychiatrists. This eliminates long wait times and helps patients receive the care they need when they need it.
This is a transformative time for the useful application of technology with therapy. The use of video technology is the way psychiatrists are now conducting sessions in order to promptly and efficiently meet the needs of patients.
The video appointment is conducted over a large format TV/computer monitor on a secure, HIPPA compliant network. Patients tell us it feels like everyone is in the same room with life size viewing.
- Easy access to licensed child and adult psychiatrists
- Much shorter wait time
- Accessibility – psychiatric appointments onsite at Fox Valley Institute in a comfortable and warm setting
- Excellent coordination of care between therapist and psychiatrist
- HSA and FSA eligible. Please verify insurance.
Referrals are welcome. Our doctors specialize in adult and child/adolescent psychiatric care.
Fox Valley Institute’s Telepsychiatry service is available for appointments now. Please call 630-718-0717 ext. 214 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
What does a Psychiatrist do Anyway?
Psychiatry is a branch of medicine that focuses on the symptoms, diagnoses, treatment and prevention of emotional, psychological and behavior disorders.
A psychiatrist is a medical doctor/physician (M.D.) who specializes in one’s psychological health, including substance use and disorders. Psychiatrists are trained in the medical, psychological, and social components of mental, emotional, and behavioral disorders. They utilize a broad range of treatment modalities, including diagnostic tests, prescribing medications, psychotherapy, and helping individuals and their families cope with challenges, stress and crises.
Many seek psychiatric help for a variety of reasons. The issue could be sudden, such as a panic attack, anxiety, recent trauma, a particular fear, or loss. Others may seek help for more long-term concerns, such as depression, PTSD, substance abuse, eating disorders, bi-poplar, grief or mood disorders.
It is important for a psychiatrist to take a holistic approach. This approach includes talking about nutrition, exercise, sleep, relationships, support systems, and different stressors of life. The information provided helps the psychiatrist make an informed assessment and a proper evaluation.
Our psychiatrists demonstrate humility when speaking with individuals in their care, which creates collaboration and a healthy partnership. This will produce success in the individual’s emotional, psychological and behavioral well-being.
Our psychiatrists will really listen to the individual(s) in their care, convey authentic concern, and be respectful. Fox Valley Institute’s focus is to help individuals address their challenges, grow and live to their fullest potential.
How to Prepare for an Appointment with the Psychiatrist
- Call or email our office for an appointment.
- Make a list of all the medications you are currently taking – name and dosage amount; as well as any other medications you have tried in the past.
- Make a list of the symptoms you are experiencing and when they first started.
- Note your sleep and eating patterns.
- Bring any family medical and mental history.
- Write down any questions you would like to ask the doctor.
- Most importantly – be honest with the psychiatrist. They can only work with the information you provide them.
CLICK HERE TO SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT TODAY